ORO STATION UNITED CHURCH CEMETERY
AKA: Little Brick Church, Ridge Road, Crawford
OGS Number: 3590

Address: 402 Ridge Road West , Oro-Medonte
Directions: At Line 6 South, NW corner
Geographic Twp: Oro Con 6 Lot 25

Condition: Active.
Size: 272 Stones

Office: Oro Station United Church Cemetery
Ridge Road East, RR#2
Oro Station, Ontario L0L 2E0
(705) 487-2534
Publications: Oro Station United Cemetery;
Barrie, Ontario: Simcoe County Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 2006.
Publications

“ Oro United Church Cemetery”
Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County;
Extracted, edited and indexed by Eldon D. Weber
Toronto, Ontario: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977.

History:
In 1865, ¼ acre of land was obtained from Thomas Ross for a log church. Additional property was obtained in 1881 for the brick church and in 1882 a third piece of land was purchased for the cemetery. Initially, the church was known The Oro Mission of the Primitive Methodist Church of Canada and was part of the Barrie Circuit. It became a Methodist Church in 1884 and changed to the United Church of Canada in 1925. The church was closed in March, 1968. A memorial service is held each year the Second Sunday in July.
Based on information from:
Monumental Transcriptions Vol 1, Central North Simcoe County , Ontario Genealogical Society, 1977.

Photo - Oro Station United Church Cemetery

Photo by John F. Wright, 2005


Back to Cemeteries List – Municipal (Oro-Medonte) / Geographic (Oro)

Simcoe County Branch ~ Ontario Genealogical Society
Box 892 ~ Barrie, Ontario ~ L4M 4Y6